DON BOYD, DIRECTOR, LABOR & LEGAL AFFAIRS
Don Boyd has worked at the Ohio Chamber for the past two years after previously working as Staff Counsel at the Ohio Automobile Dealers Association. He received his BA in Political Science from The Ohio State University then went on to earn his Juris Doctorate (JD) with a concentration in dispute resolution from Capital University Law School. Don is currently living in Columbus with his wife, Andrea.
Get to know Don Boyd in this next installment of our Employee Spotlight.
10 RANDOM QUESTIONS FOR DON
- Where did you grow up? I’m originally from a small rural town in Columbiana County called Leetonia, Ohio. I came down to Columbus for school and never left.
- Favorite part of your current job? I love the variety every day brings. With so many different issues affecting businesses, it makes it very interesting working with the legislature and all the interested parties. I am very fortunate to work with great people around capitol square every day.
- What (3) websites do you visit most? Like any good attorney, I’m going to answer the question I want rather than what was asked. The three apps I use the most are Wunderlist for list making, Feedly for news and information, and Apple’s Podcast app.
- What do you do when you are not working? I enjoy fitness so running and weight training. I also enjoy reading, watching sports, and going out with my wife to get drinks or dinner with friends.
- What is your favorite quote? “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
- If we asked your family & close friends to describe you in one word, what do you think they would say? Loyal
- Where is your favorite place to dine out? Marcella’s in the Short North. I took my wife there after I proposed and surprised her with some of our friends and family waiting so it will always be special to me.
- Do you have a secret family recipe? If so, what for? Yes, I make a delicious parmesan crusted lemon caper chicken. Also, though not really a particular recipe, I make a mean breakfast.
- Name (3) of your favorite sports teams. The Ohio State Buckeyes, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Pittsburgh Penguins though I must admit that I have a hard time not pulling for the Blue Jackets when they are doing well. I really want to see the Jackets make a playoff run. (I’ll leave the Pirates off the list since you only asked for three and well… they’re awful.)
- Tell us one thing that most people don’t know about you. I’ve been dabbling in meditation and mindfulness. It seems a little strange at first but I’ve found it can really help clear the mind. Some apps that provide guided meditation definitely make it easier to try and less intimidating.