Justin Barnes has just taken on the responsibility of Executive Director of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce Research Foundation. Previously he worked as the Federal Liaison for the Office of Governor Kasich and spent six years on Capitol Hill with Congressman Steve Stivers in various capacities involving both policy and procedure. He has eight siblings including three stepbrothers and four stepsisters. Justin’s degree is in Political Science from Ohio State.
10 Questions for Justin Barnes:
- Do you have any pets? Chocolate lab puppy named Chester.
- Where did you grow up? Northwest Ohio and in the Lansing, MI area.
- Favorite part of your current job? The camaraderie and the welcoming spirit from everyone has made me feel very fortunate to be part of such a great team!
- What do you do when you are not working? Cooking, relaxing at home with family and friends (and the pup), exercising, and enjoying my hobbies when I can (including finding new ways to spoil a good walk on a golf course).
- Who is your hero? My parents – both have demonstrated and instilled in me that dedication and a strong work ethic can lead to success.
- What do you think has been the most significant change in society during your lifetime? Methods of interpersonal communication – from landlines and faxes to email and instant messaging to social media and cellphones.
- Where is your favorite place to dine out? I love a good Italian meal, but my guilty pleasure is Raising Cane’s.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? Anywhere – I love to travel! A major highlight was my trip to Dublin, London and Belgium in 2012.
- Name (3) of your favorite sports teams. Ohio State Buckeyes, Detroit Red Wings, (despite a lull in their recent performance, I have to stay true to my roots!) Columbus Crew SC.
- Tell us one thing that most people don’t know about you. I enjoy photography and love finding interesting subjects to snap photos of when I travel.