Meet one of our newest employees Anthony Lagunzad, our director of political and grassroots programs. Anthony previously worked as a public affairs specialist for a North American HVAC distribution trade association. He is married to his wife Emma, and he is the middle child between his older sister, who is a navy officer, and his younger sister, who is in high school and lives with his parents in Cleveland. Both of his parents are one of 10 siblings; so, one could say he comes from a big family. Lagunzad has a bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs through the John Glenn College of Public Affairs at the Ohio State University.
Here are 10 fun facts about Anthony:
- Do you have any pets? Yes, a dachshund/mini pinscher mix named Apollo
- Where did you grow up? Cleveland: born and raised!
- What is your favorite quote? “’You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretsky’ – Michael Scott”
- If you could have dinner with (2) people — living or dead — who would they be? Jesus and Muhammad, all at the same table
- If we asked your family & close friends to describe you in one word, what do you think they would say? They would say, “stubborn,” but I’m not!
- Where is your favorite place to dine out? Any hibachi Japanese restaurant, but especially if they have egg yolk sauce. If you don’t know what that is, go to a Japanese Steakhouse and ask to try it on the side!
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? While my wife would say, “Anywhere with a beach,” my pick is Hocking Hills right here in Ohio. It’s also where she said, “Yes!”
- Do you have a secret family recipe? If so, what for? Yes, it’s a true family recipe called Aunt Stella’s Noodles. The ingredients make no sense, (includes flat noodles, cottage cheese and Frosted Flakes) but when it tastes that good it doesn’t have to! Aunt Stella was way before my generation, but we all know her through this dish, which rarely misses a family gathering.
- Name (3) of your favorite sports teams. Manchester City and all the Cleveland teams.
- Tell us one thing that most people don’t know about you. I was the lead singer for a rock band for a few years back while attending OSU.