Meet our newest employee Bill White, one of our directors of external relations. Bill previously worked as a legislative aide for multiple members of the Ohio House of Representatives from 2014-2019. He’s also had experience as a campaign manager in 2014 and 2016 for three races for members of the Ohio General Assembly as well as being a regional director in 2018 for all campaign operations in Northeast Ohio for certain members in the Ohio House of Representatives. He grew up in Strongsville and attended Ohio State University where he earned his bachelor of arts degree in political science.
Here are some fun facts about Bill:
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in Strongsville, Ohio, which is a suburb of the great city of Cleveland.
- What is your favorite part about your current job? I love coming to work every day because it affords me the opportunity to learn about so many of our member’s businesses, and the unique industry challenges they face. I consider myself fortunate to be a resource to so many Ohio business owners.
- What do you do when you’re not working? If I’m not working, I love to be outdoors, reading about history, spending time with close friends and family or traveling to explore the best of what the world has to offer.
- Who is your hero? My father will always be my hero. He had a lot on his plate when I was growing up with my brother and sister, but he refused to let that affect the relationship that he had with us. He was the kindest, funniest and most intelligent man that I have known. I will never forget the life lessons that he taught me, or the way he treated others.
- What do you think has been the most significant change in society during your lifetime? The inability to handle the truth or address everyday problems in a healthy way.
- What (2) books do you consider a MUST READ for everyone? Edward Gibbon’s The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire & Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends & Influence People.
- If we asked your family and close friends to describe you in one word, what do you think they would say? Bold.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? Rome, Italy.
- Name (3) of your favorite sports teams. Cleveland Browns, The Ohio State Buckeyes and the Saint Ignatius Wildcats.
- Are you afraid of anything? I despise any and all snakes.