Starting on Tuesday, Ohioans will begin casting ballots to determine the direction of our state. The Ohio Chamber Political Action Committee (OCCPaC) has spent the past few months making sure employers and voters know who the candidates are that support free enterprise and are focused on making Ohio’s economy stronger.
Here’s a recap of what we’ve done so far:
- OCCPaC announced its first endorsements back in June – Justice Sharon Kennedy and Justice Judi French for the Ohio Supreme Court.
- That was followed in August with the endorsement of 79 candidates for the General Assembly.
- On September 10, OCCPaC announced the endorsement of Governor John Kasich at events in Westerville and Springfield.
- At a press conference on September 19, OCCPaC endorsed Attorney General Mike DeWine.
- Secretary of State Jon Husted visited the Ohio Chamber on September 23 for a Chamber Champions Breakfast, where OCCPaC announced his endorsement for re-election.
Well, we’re not quite finished. OCCPaC has added three more General Assembly endorsements to the list, bringing the total number to 82. The three candidates being added are Sen. Edna Brown (D-Toledo) in Senate District 11, Niraj Antani (R-Miamisburg) in House District 42, and Nino Vitale (R-Urbana) in House District 85. These candidates are the pro-business options in their respective races and we’re happy to support them. If you happen to live in their districts, be sure to cast your vote for them.
The races are starting to solidify with only a month to go. The Quinnipiac poll out this morning looks good for Governor Kasich. In a recent Columbus Dispatch poll, Attorney General DeWine and Secretary Husted, as well as Justice Kennedy, appear to be in good shape also. However, in that same poll, Justice French is locked in a tight battle to keep her seat on the bench. I cannot stress this enough…THE OHIO SUPREME COURT IS CRITICAL FOR OHIO’S BUSINESS CLIMATE. The business community must work hard to get Justice French elected. Tell your employees, make a contribution, whatever you can do. Please reach out to me if I can be of any help – email@example.com or 614-228-4201.